Long Island, New York, has several options for addiction treatment.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers: These centers provide round-the-clock care, and patients live on-site. Programs often include detoxification, therapy, and aftercare planning. Long Island has several such facilities.
- Outpatient Treatment Programs: These programs allow patients to live at home while attending counseling and addiction education sessions. This might be more suitable for people who cannot afford to leave their job or family for an extended period.
- Detox Centers: Before rehabilitation, some individuals might need to go through detoxification. There are facilities on Long Island that focus solely on helping patients through the physical withdrawal process.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): combines behavioral therapy and medications to treat substance use disorders. This can be especially useful for opioid or alcohol addictions.
- 12-Step Programs and Support Groups: These groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), can be instrumental in providing peer support. There are many such meetings available throughout Long Island.
- Counseling and Therapy: Individual and group counseling is available in various forms including cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and more. Some people might find one-on-one therapy with a psychologist or psychiatrist helpful.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: This is for individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders. Integrated treatment can address both issues together.
Some facilities/organizations on Long Island that may offer these services:
- Long Island Interventions: Is your loved one addicted to drugs or alcohol? A complete treatment program is essential for long-term recovery.
- Long Island Treatment Center: Long Island Treatment Center offers professional addiction treatment, drug rehab, and mental health services.
- Seafield Center: This is an alcohol and substance abuse treatment center located in Westhampton Beach, offering inpatient and outpatient programs.
- Long Island Center for Recovery: Located in Hampton Bays, this center offers addiction treatment services, including inpatient rehab and specialized programs.
- Phoenix House: With locations in several parts of Long Island, Phoenix House provides a range of treatments, including outpatient and residential programs.
- Family and Children’s Association: Based in Mineola, this organization offers various services, including addiction treatment and counseling.
Please remember that when seeking treatment, it’s important to find a program that fits the individual’s needs and circumstances. It might be helpful to consult with a healthcare provider for advice and recommendations. Additionally, insurance coverage, financial considerations, and personal preferences are important factors to take into account when choosing a treatment center.