What to Look for in an Ethical Treatment Center
Finding an ethical drug treatment center is more difficult than you woudl expect. There are so many drug treatment centers to choose from…how do you pick the one that’s right for you or your loved one? Is there a checklist or guideline you should follow? Our recovery advocates have decades of combined experience in the addiction treatment field and we’ve heard it all.
Our staff has seen and heard firsthand accounts of the horror stories that some patients go through when they unknowingly choose an unscrupulous treatment center. While this is always done unintentionally, it can be prevented if a person is educated on what to look for in an ethical treatment center. Following these tips, you’ll be able to make a more informed decision on what’s best for yourself and your family.
Things To Know About Drug Rehabs
- Is there verifiable contact information on the website? Does the facility have an actual address with a photo gallery of the program? If you’re just seeing a generic stock photo of someone on a mountaintop with a sunset in the background, but no location page or real information about the program, this may simply be a marketing website to funnel clients through.
- Are they asking clinical questions? When you call the contact phone number, is the person on the other side actually conducting a comprehensive assessment of your situation? Remember, the point of the phone call is to find out if you’re a good fit for the program.
- Is the rehab JCAHO accredited? This stands for the Joint Commission on Accreditations in Healthcare. This agency ensures that addiction treatment centers uphold patient safety and the highest health standards.
- Is the person you’re speaking with an actual employee of the treatment center? Some drug rehabs have off-site call centers that are not even directly affiliated with the treatment program. This could be a red flag.
- If it turns out that the treatment center is not a good fit (there could be a variety of reasons, from health insurance to the treatment program itself), does the facility recommend another option? An ethical drug rehab will spend time in finding you an adequate alternative that fits your needs.
These are just a few things to know about drug rehabs. Ultimately, it’s up to the patient (or family member) to ask all the necessary questions and make an informed decision. Your experience doesn’t have to be horrible. We believe the purpose of drug addiction treatment is for every patient to recover and rebuild his/her life. If you’re searching for an ethical drug treatment center for yourself or a loved one, then we can help.
About Long Island Interventions
Whether it’s for yourself or a loved one, our recovery advocates can help you find the appropriate heroin drug rehab for your situation. Many people who develop a substance use disorder find it very difficult to stop using without professional help. If you or someone you know is looking for a detox, drug rehab, intervention, or outpatient drug rehab, our addiction resource center can help.
Long Island Interventions provides an opportunity for those struggling with substance abuse to recover safely. We believe in Long Island drug treatment programs that are solution-focused and evidence-based and our recovery advocates have decades of combined experience.