Drug and Alcohol Rehab Near Rochester
Do you need substance abuse treatment in or around Rochester? According to ATC Rochester, in 2021, nearly 42 people out of every 10,000 in New York State were admitted into a treatment center. In Monroe County, the number of people admitted for alcohol use disorder was 54 out of every 10,000, and nearly 33 out of every 10,000 were admitted for heroin use. If you need help, you should know that there are people getting help every day in Rochester, and you can get help too.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Getting Treatment Is so Important
- 2 Types of Rehab Centers Near Rochester
- 3 Types of Counseling Offered at Drug Treatment Centers in Rochester
- 4 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Rehab Center Near Rochester
- 5 Rochester Support Services for Continued Care
- 6 Resources and Contacts
Why Getting Treatment Is so Important
Getting treatment for your substance abuse disorder can help improve your health, finances and relationships with your family and friends. It could also save your life. Heroin is often laced with fentanyl and xylazine, which increases the odds that you’ll overdose. Alcohol poisoning can occur if you drink too much alcohol. However, even if you don’t overdose, using illicit substances can cause liver damage, brain damage, strokes, seizures and even lung disease.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Substance Abuse Prevention alcohol use disorder costs the United States 191.6 billion dollars a year, and drug abuse costs an average of 151.4 billion a year. Not to mention, those who have substance use disorder are more likely to have financial difficulties, live in poverty and have trouble holding a job.
Substance use disorder also affects families, not just the individual with the disorder. It can strain relationships, create a bad example for children and lead to child neglect. It’s estimated that 32 percent of families have been impacted by someone with substance use disorder, and when children were removed from a home by CPS, drug or alcohol abuse was cited as a reason in 39 percent of the cases, according to NCSACW. The good news is that you do not have to continue to be one of these statistics. You can get help at a drug treatment center in Rochester.
Types of Rehab Centers Near Rochester
The drug treatment centers in and around Rochester offer a variety of treatment options, including inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization, detox and sober services, like recovery coaching, mentoring and transportation to and from the center. They also offer many different types of therapy and counseling, including cogitative behavioral therapy, individual therapy, group counseling and family counseling. Some treatment centers also offer specialized services for certain groups of people and genders.
Inpatient (Residential Treatment) Facilities
Inpatient and residential treatment facilities offer round-the-clock care for individuals with substance use disorder. They offer a structured environment that helps the individual focus on their treatment while minimizing the chances that they’ll encounter their triggers. Inpatient treatment is typically recommended for individuals who are severely addicted, have a dual diagnosis and who have relapsed in the past after completing another type of program.
Individuals with mild to moderate addictions may benefit from an outpatient program. This is especially true if they have work or school commitments that cannot be postponed for inpatient treatment, or if the individual has financial constraints and cannot afford the costs associated with an inpatient treatment program.
There are several different types of outpatient programs available, including:
- Standard Outpatient Programs – The individual usually attends sessions twice a week for a total of 9 hours.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) – Individuals in an IOP usually meet daily for between 3 and 8 hours a day. IOP is typically recommended for individuals who just completed an inpatient treatment program.
- Evening Intensive Outpatient Programs – For individuals with obligations during the day, an evening IOP may be the answer. These programs meet multiple times a week in the evening for a few hours.
Partial hospitalization programs are an intensive form of outpatient treatment that goes beyond a standard IOP program. Individuals who are in a partial hospitalization program typically enter the treatment center in the morning and leave in the evening. Most programs last 6 hours a day, and individuals usually attend five days a week. These programs work well for individuals who need more treatment than an IOP program can provide but less treatment than what is offered in a residential program.
Many drug treatment centers in Rochester offer additional sober services. These services can include recovery coaching, sober transportation and sober companions.
- Recovery Coaching – Recovery coaches provide extra support outside of counseling and treatment hours. This could mean answering phone calls and emails or arriving in person to help the individual through an urgent challenge.
- Sober Companions – Sober companions provide support to individuals who have recently attained sobriety. They help newly recovered individuals find balance, build new healthy and productive habits and identify triggers so that relapses can be prevented.
- Treatment Transportation – Many treatment centers offer sober transportation. These are safe, friendly and sober rides to appointments, counseling, therapy and even community-based programs.
In addition to drug treatment centers, Rochester also has special facilities called detox centers. These treatment centers specialize in helping individuals safely detox from their drug of choice, which is vitally important. This is because letting a substance leave the body often results in unwanted side effects, and some of those side effects can be severe and even life-threatening. For that reason, individuals may want to consider entering a detox center that offers medication-assisted therapy (MAT) and 24-hour supervision with qualified medical personnel. These centers also help individuals transition into additional drug treatment programs, like inpatient and outpatient treatments.
Some treatment centers in Rochester offer specialized programs, including:
- Teen Programs – Programs specifically geared for teenagers and the challenges they face when recovering from substance abuse disorder.
- Programs for Women – These programs provide a safe and welcoming environment for women, who may face unique challenges when it comes to recovering from substance abuse disorder. They often take time to address trauma and self-esteem.
- Programs for men – These programs provide substance abuse treatment and counseling that focuses on issues that men often experience, like being able to express emotions, masculinity and how to communicate.
- Holistic Programs – Holistic programs treat the entire body, including the physical, spiritual and mental self. Holistic programs may include yoga, Pilates, counseling, mindfulness, nature walks, nutrition guidance and meditation.
- 12-Step Programs – These programs offer set courses with identifiable benchmarks. At the completion of each phase, participants are often awarded with recognition.
- Faith-Based Programs – These programs are often based on Christian beliefs and use scripture and prayer along with therapy and counseling to help individuals recover.
- LGBTQ+ Community Programs – Individuals who are bi, straight, gay, transgender, lesbian or queer often face unique challenges and barriers to recovery. They may face more stigma, discrimination and mental health issues than other individuals. These programs are designed to help these individuals recover while addressing their unique challenges and concerns.
Types of Counseling Offered at Drug Treatment Centers in Rochester
- Behavioral Therapy – Behavioral therapy seeks to identify harmful behaviors and thoughts that can derail a person’s recovery while teaching them ways to manage these thoughts before they become destructive. Types of behavioral therapy include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) and motivational interviewing (MI).
- Individual Counseling – One-on-one therapy with a licensed counselor. This can include talk therapy as well as CBT, DBT and motivational interviewing.
- Family Therapy – Therapy sessions for the individual in treatment and their immediate family. This helps the individual and family work out their problems and understand the treatment process.
- Group Therapy – Individuals in the group therapy session can discuss their challenges, successes and get ideas on how to better handle certain situations.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Rehab Center Near Rochester
When it comes to choosing the right rehab center in Rochester, NY, there are several factors you’ll want to take into consideration, including:
- The Treatment Center’s Location – If you have work, school or family obligations, you’ll want to make sure the treatment center is within easy commuting distance to those locations.
- The Cost of Treatment – What payment options does the treatment center offer? Do you have insurance that could help pay for treatment? What are the out-of-pocket expenses? Do they offer financial aid or income-based payments?
- The Duration and Intensity of Treatment – Determine the types of programs you’d like to enter. If you want the most intensive treatment option, inpatient treatment may be best. If you’re worried about relapsing or not getting enough support but can’t attend inpatient, a partial hospitalization program or an intensive outpatient program may be better options.
- The Success Rates and Reputation of the Center – Make sure the center has good success rates and a great reputation. You can ask the center for documents on their success rates, and you can check reviews to determine how other participants liked the programs.
- The Qualifications of the Staff – Make sure the staff members are all qualified with the appropriate licenses and certifications.
- Their Aftercare Programs and Continue Support Services – Make sure the treatment center offers continuing support services, like therapy and 12-step programs. This is because treatment doesn’t end when you leave your initial program. It is a journey, and these services can help prevent relapses.
Rochester Support Services for Continued Care
Once you complete your initial treatment program, it’s extremely important to enroll in an aftercare program. This can help you stay sober while you learn to navigate your life as a drug-free individual. Some groups and support centers include:
- Catholic Family Center – Substance abuse and mental health counseling.
- Outreach Community Center – 12-step programs and self-help
- Huther Doyle – MAT, outpatient and relapse prevention
If you need help recovering from your substance abuse disorder, you can take the first steps today. Long Island Interventions offers support and services that can help you find the right treatment center for your needs.
To learn more and get the help you need to begin living a sober life, call us at 631-887-3234.